SOWING INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD FOR REWARD
Text: Rom 6:22,23; Gal 6:7-10; John 3:16; 6:47; 1 John 5:13
Sowing in the Kingdom is Christ’s desire. Sow your life as a seed into the kingdom of God and you will receive everlasting life with Christ. Everlasting life in the presence of God. What you sow is what you reap. In this account the seed sown count. If you sow time, you may not reap financially i.e..
Everlasting life is not earned, but a gift from God, when you commit and dedicate your life to God in totality.
Sowing: Who has sowed his life does not place his desire above Christ or Christ’s Desire
His desire shall always be Christian – Mark 10:29.
Agitation for the gifts of Holy Spirit or for the office of Holy Spirit is gradually dying, for we have placed our challenges above the kingdom of God, Eph 4:11-13.
We are looking for miracle everyday, we search for it everywhere and searching for the giver of miracle. Christian should not depend on miracle but on the word of God including sowing and reaping.
If what you have is not what you need, it’s not your harvest, it is your seed.
The essence of Christianity is being Christ-like. Jesus came as missionary to make salvation possible.
He has sent the Holy Spirit to continue the task. While essence of the church is for the world to encounter salvation. Initially the essence of God is love, before creation, but now
His essence is mission, reconciling people back to Him through the church, when the church have sown there lives.
Now how can the church perform this obligation of sowing?
- We must be dead to earthly feeling, seeing and airing – John 12:25
- By going on the way of righteousness, where there is life (expressing agape love)– Proverb 12:28
- By always believing the scripture and the prophet – Acts 13:48
- Persisting in doing what is good – Roman
- Always love to be with Jesus – Mark 3:14 (read and explain briefly)
In Acts 2:42 – We read that one of the four things the early church devoted themselves to was fellowship, it is one of their objective.
Apart from the ministry of Holy Spirit, teaching and prayer are the most important means of growth power and effectiveness in the Christian life.
- The old Christians not only having fellowship, but devoted themselves to it. They make fellowship a priority.
- Being a Christian in isolation is foreign to the New Testament believers. Regular gathering is a part of life.
The electronic religion of multitudes of people creates an emptiness. True fellowship involves getting together for spiritual purposes, for sharing, for prayers, discussion. Fellowships are lacking in the church of today.
- Who has sowed his life into the kingdom will always enjoy His Presence Mark 3
- When you sow your life into the kingdom you have the totality of God, to claim all the promises, Luke 10:19.
Signs that reveal life sown into the kingdom of God
- Love to pray and be in gathering of prayer champions and interceding.
- Studying and meditating in the word of God.
- Talks positively
- Love to win souls
- Love to give, help and care
- Always thinking of the kingdom of God.